If you are thinking about adding a part time finance director to your team, you might be struggling with how to decide whether a candidate is a good fit for your business. Here are five questions that might help you decide which candidate is best suited for you:
- Can they develop my existing finance team? – A strong candidate will be able to take responsibility for developing a team rather than taking everything on themselves, not least to be more cost effective.
- Have you mapped out the challenges facing the business and what outcomes you need? Asking a candidate how they would approach these opportunities will give you an insight into their attitude and experience.
- However impressive their skills, have you focused on the most relevant needs of the business?
- Will they help the management team develop and be able to make a positive contribution across the business?
- Will they help develop diversity of thought for quality decision making?
We provide experienced part time finance directors who take responsibility for moving your business forward. We are Xero certified, and experienced in using a range of accounting systems. Our agile framework for collaboration means each adviser is able to draw on a diverse range of skills, and experience across the team to help you develop your business. If you would like a free initial consultation, do get in touch with us.