If you are thinking about adding a part time finance director to your team, you might be struggling with how to decide whether a candidate is a good fit for your business. Here are five questions that might help you decide which candidate is best suited for you:
- Can they develop my existing finance team? – A strong candidate will be able to take responsibility for developing a team rather than taking everything on themselves, not least to be more cost effective.
- Have you mapped out the challenges facing the business and what outcomes you need? Asking a candidate how they would approach these opportunities will give you an insight into their attitude and experience.
- However impressive their skills, have you focused on the most relevant needs of the business?
- Will they help the management team develop and be able to make a positive contribution across the business?
- Will they help develop diversity of thought for quality decision making?
How we can help: We provide experienced part time finance directors who take responsibility for moving your business forward. We are Xero certified, and experienced in using a range of accounting systems. Our agile framework for collaboration means each adviser is able to draw on a diverse range of skills, and experience across the team to help you develop your business. If you would like a free initial consultation, do get in touch with us.